With only two days left until Christmas we have some fun ideas for healthy holiday snacks for you and your family!
Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1 banana
- 6 thin pretzel sticks
- your choice of ingredients for the buttons and eyes (we recommend blueberries!)
- Thinly slice the banana into 9 round pieces and make 3 snowmen bodies (three pieces of banana attached vertically to each other)
- Add the pretzels for arms on the middle banana slice
- Add the buttons and eyes and nose!
Not only will this adorable snack be enjoyed by all members of your family, but bananas are also a great source of potassium and will give your little ones lots of energy for the holiday season!
Fruit-filled Candy Cane
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 banana
- 3-5 strawberries (depending on the size)
- cut the banana into 7-8 chunks on an angle
- cut the strawberries into 2 chunks per berry
- arrange in the pattern of strawberry, banana, strawberry, banana, curving at the top to create a candy cane shape
We love that these two snacks are SO simple to make and require very little ingredients! We know you’re busy making big holiday meals but don’t forget about a healthy snack-time with these recipes.
Get your kids involved in crafting the snack and enjoy together!
Written by: Dana Stretchberry